- Maintenance has installed plexi-glass sneeze guards at various location
- Facilities has constructed “sanitation stations” to be placed at entrances
- Foaming Alcohol Dispensers will be mounted strategically throughout each campus
- BETCO PH7Q, PH7Dual, and GE Fight BAC are the main chemicals that will be used to disinfect
- There is a difference between cleaning and disinfecting, we know the difference.
Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting kills germs. Disinfecting works by using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
- Back pack sprayers(8) have been purchased to use in large areas that may need to be disinfected
- Custodians will be roving throughout each campus during the day disinfecting high touch points.
- During the evening, after cleaning classrooms, the custodians will go back and disinfect all hard surfaces
- A short training video will be shown to teachers and staff on the proper technique for disinfecting. This video will also be placed on the district Facilities Website page
- Hand sanitizer pump bottles will be placed in each classroom
- Hand washing should be emphasized over hand sanitizer. Hand washing for 20 seconds and then using hand sanitizer is the recommended strategy by the CDC
Dedicated to providing the students and employees of Chapel Hill ISD a clean, comfortable, and safe environment in which to learn and work. The Facilities and Maintenance Department is responsible for the overall maintenance, operations, and service of buildings, grounds and other physical properties belonging to Chapel Hill Independent School District. Chapel Hill ISD’s facilities encompass 193 square miles with 6 campuses and auxiliary buildings. Our goal is to support Chapel Hill ISD’s mission providing well maintained, high-quality facilities and services within a safe environment in which to learn and work. Our employees are the key to our department’s ability to provide customer focused service in all aspects of facilities management.
WE ARE NOT ALLOWING FACILITY USE AT THIS TIME DUE TO THE PANDEMIC
Filing Request for Use of Facility
All Event Request forms must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the event date. Before final approval of the request, District Administration will review the appropriateness of the venue for the event requested and the availability of the facility. A facility usage request should be filled out online. For username and password, please contact Theresa Driggers.
School buildings and other facilities shall be made available to groups that wish to conduct activities which promote, stimulate and foster the interest of students and the community, as well as activities which promote the efficiency of the school district, so long as such activities do not conflict with the school program. Programs serving District students will be given priority for use. The Superintendent reserves the authority to allow or reject any application for the use of CHISD facilities. The guidelines (available in Facility Use Packets) apply to all groups wanting to use schools and/or other facilities according to the policy.
Building and Grounds perform duties in regards to maintaining district grounds, mowing, fencing, signage, furniture repair and relocation, welding, roofing, painting, and general carpentry projects. Maintenance/Custodial/Grounds Work Order Requests: Eduphoria work order entry
Custodial Services are responsible for daily thorough cleaning of all facilities districtwide. From floors to ceilings and everything in between, custodians make every effort to keep CHISD schools clean each and every day ready for students, faculty and staff.