Enrolling a New Student
Welcome to Chapel Hill Schools! Chapel Hill ISD has an open enrollment policy for students who reside within our district and have all state-mandated immunizations. We have an online process for enrolling new students using Skyward software. Please read the information below on how to join the Bulldog Family!
Thank you for your interest in Chapel Hill ISD!
New Student Enrollment Requirements
- Chapel Hill ISD uses the Skyward New Student Online Enrollment software to register all new students. Please begin your online application at: Skyward New Student Online Enrollment
- After you complete the online application, contact the campus to schedule an appointment with the Registrar and to visit the counselor to complete a schedule of classes.
- Bring the following documents to your appointment.
- Withdrawal Form from the previous school
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Student's Birth Certificate with embossed stamp
- Immunization/Vaccination Record (See requirements at: Immunization Requirements)
- Current parent/guardian driver’s license or photo ID.
- Proofs of Residency (see Proof of Residency requirements at: Proof of Residency Information
Definition of a Chapel Hill ISD Resident: To be eligible to enroll, students must meet one of the residency requirements below:
Chapel Hill ISD Resident: family lives within district boundary lines (state-mandated). Please refer to our district boundary map at: CHISD Attendance Zones & Map
Student and Parent Conservator: parents are divorced and one of the parents, who has custody, lives In the district. (state-mandated)
Power of Attorney: Family assigned legal rights for the child to a family who lives in the district. (state-mandated)
Multiple Family or Homeless: Family lives with another family who resides in the district. This can be due to financial hardship or family does not have a permanent residence and qualifies as homeless. (state-mandated)
Resident Grandparent: A grandparent serves as a caretaker for the child live in Chapel Hill district boundary. The parents/child do not live within district boundaries. (state-mandated)
Staff Member Child: parent works for Chapel Hill ISD (local decision and based on available space)
New Home Contract: parents have a home under construction within district boundary lines. (local decision)
Transfer Student: The family does not live in the district but is requesting to enroll the student in Chapel Hill ISD. (local decision, transfer request application must be completed).