New Student Online Enrollment
Welcome to Chapel Hill Independent School District! Chapel Hill ISD has an open-enrollment policy for students who reside within our district and have all state-mandated immunizations. We have an online process for enrolling new students using Skyward software. Please read the information below on how to join the Bulldog Family!
New Student Enrollment Requirements
- Parents of NEW students to CHISD, please create an account for your online enrollment here: New Student Enrollment: Account Request.
- Once an account has been created, you will be emailed your username and password to proceed to the enrollment application.
- After you complete the online application, contact the campus to schedule an appointment with the registrar and to visit the counselor to complete a schedule of classes.
- Bring the following documents to your appointment.
- Withdrawal Form from the previous school
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Student's Birth Certificate with embossed stamp
- Immunization/Vaccination Record (See requirements at: Immunization Requirements)
- Current parent/guardian driver’s license or photo ID.
- Proofs of Residency (see Proof of Residency requirements at: Proof of Residency Information
Definition of a Chapel Hill ISD Resident: To be eligible to enroll, students must meet one of the residency requirements below:
Chapel Hill ISD Resident: family lives within district boundary lines (state-mandated). Please refer to our district boundary map at: CHISD Attendance Zones & Map
Student and Parent Conservator: parents are divorced and one of the parents, who has custody, lives In the district. (state-mandated)
Power of Attorney: Family assigned legal rights for the child to a family who lives in the district. (state-mandated)
Multiple Family or Homeless: Family lives with another family who resides in the district. This can be due to financial hardship or family does not have a permanent residence and qualifies as homeless. (state-mandated)
Resident Grandparent: A grandparent serves as a caretaker for the child live in Chapel Hill district boundary. The parents/child do not live within district boundaries. (state-mandated)
Staff Member Child: parent works for Chapel Hill ISD (local decision and based on available space)
New Home Contract: parents have a home under construction within district boundary lines. (local decision)
Transfer Student: The family does not live in the district but is requesting to enroll the student in Chapel Hill ISD. (local decision, transfer request application must be completed)