The Chapel Hill Independent School District was established in the 1950-1951 school year. Currently, CHISD serves a student body of almost 3,550 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten to 12. The district is rated as 4A Division 1 by the University Interscholastic League.
Chapel Hill ISD is located in eastern Smith County, Texas and covers 118 square miles which includes a small portion of the City of Tyler, the University of Texas at Tyler, the community of Jackson, and the city of New Chapel Hill.
Demographics of Chapel Hill ISD
- High School (9-12) - 1026 students
- Middle School (6-8) - 777 students
- Kissam Intermediate (PreK-5) - 776 students
- Jackson Elementary (PreK-5) - 419 students
- Wise Elementary Fine Arts Magnet (PreK-5) - 539 students