CHISD is committed to the safety of ALL our students both on and off campus
Face-to-face instruction is the most academically effective option for students. Due to COVID we completely understand why some students/parents are not comfortable with this option and may select online to ensure the medical safety of their family. Please understand that this is the same reason they will not be allowed to participate or attend any extra-curricular activities during that time. We want to ensure we support these same standards of safety for your child whether it is academic or extra-curricular.
Practices and performances will be conducted following safety protocol provided by guidance from CHISD, UIL and TEA. This will include COVID screening, group sizes, sharing and sanitizing of equipment, locker room usage, etc.
- Athletic practices and contests will be conducted following safety protocol provided by guidance from CHISD, UIL and TEA. This will include COVID screening, group sizes, sharing and sanitizing of equipment, locker room usage, etc.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be in gym facilities and equipment will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Locker room use will be determined by TEA/UIL. If locker rooms can be accessed, all locker room space will be utilized to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Bus travel will follow transportation guidelines provided by CHISD and TEA.
- Spectator attendance at games and contests may be limited based on TEA and UIL guidelines. Ticketing for events may be utilized to control capacity of facilities as mandated by TEA, CHISD and Smith County.
- Postgame sign out procedures for athletes will be communicated to parents prior to the beginning of each season.
- Event procedures will be in place to minimize face-to-face interactions.
- Separate entrances and exits may be utilized and event doors may be propped open to minimize physical contact with handles.
- Spectator seats may be marked and/or configured in a way to enforce social distancing.
- Concessions and/or concession sales may be limited to encourage social distancing and to follow health and safety guidelines.
- Large group practice sessions, sectionals and rehearsals, will adhere to social distancing guidelines provided by an authorized entity (e.g., CHISD, TEA, UIL, etc.)
- Off-campus fine arts performances will only be conducted if specific guidance is provided by an authorized entity (e.g., CHISD, TEA, UIL, etc.)
- Concerts/performances may be adjusted based on health and safety guidelines provided by an authorized entity (e.g., CHISD, TEA, UIL, etc.) including but not limited to transportation procedures, number of attendees, and the orientation of concerts.
- All fine arts performances will be streamed online when possible.
- Booster club meetings should be held virtually to minimize outside exposure to campuses.