Families with eligible students served by special education, who have been impacted by COVID-19 school closures, could qualify to receive a one-time online grant of $1,500 to purchase goods and services through the TEA Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES) program.
Child Find NoticeDisabilities of various kinds often befall our children through injury, disease, or birth defects. Early intervention is crucial in helping these children reach their full potential. Children, ages from birth through 21, may be eligible for special services if they have significant delays in motor skills, speech, learning, vision, behavior, self-help skills, or serious hearing loss. To refer to any child who resides in the Chapel Hill Independent School District, call (903) 566-2441 and ask for the Special Education Department.
- Texas Dyslexia Handbook
- Texas Dyslexia Handbook Appendix A
- Texas Dyslexia Handbook Update English | Spanish
Forms & Resources
- Child Find Parent Referral Form - English | Spanish
- Camus Administrator or Staff Child Find Referral Form
- School Nurse Hearing & Vision Screening Form
- Child Find Form - English | Spanish
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards: English | Spanish
- Special Education Contact Information: English | Spanish | Indonesian
- Parent's Guide to the ARD Process: English | Spanish
- Pathways Texas Transition & Employment Guide: English | Spanish
- Delayed or Denied Evaluations & Compensatory Services: English | Spanish
- Student Centered Transition Network Resources
In an effort to comply with Texas Education Agency regulations, the Chapel Hill Independent School District Special Education Office will transmit all record requests electronically through the TREx system. If a school district is located out of state and in need of records, please contact Brandy Starks at email@example.com or 903-566-2441 to request needed records. A request may be made through Frontline SPM (eSped, V3, Success Ed).
Updates in Special Education
SB 139 Notice to Families
In 2019, the 86th Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 139 (SB 139), which requires Texas local education agencies (LEAs) to distribute a notice to parents containing the following information:
Changes made from 2016 to 2017 in reporting requirements for LEAs regarding special education enrollment in the Performance Based Monitoring Analysis System.
The rights of a child regarding the provision of special education services under both state and federal law.
The process and procedures for initiating a referral for evaluation for special education services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and TEC Sec. 29.004.
Where to find local policies and procedures related to initiating a referral for evaluation under IDEA.
Director of Special Education
13174 State HWY 64
Tyler, Texas 75707